Saturday, March 23, 2013

For the Record.....

For the Record....

I'm just a girl.  With a Blog.

My only credentials are as a student. Of Art History. (I have the degrees to prove that.)
I am not a theologian, even though I love theology.

I like to read and write about what I read.

I also like to cook and taking pictures of what I have cooked.
Maybe some day I'll even start blogging recipes and kitchen experiments.

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert at anything, because I'm not. 
But I will not pretend that I am without passion for the things I am interested in. 

My interests don't just stop with food and God.  I love making a home for myself and my wonderful husband.  I love sharing my faith, even though in person I can be quite shy about it, choosing to open up on a one-on-one basis rather than in a large group, introvert that I am.  I love Irish culture....her food and her music.  But I am not, by blood, Irish in any way.  I feel at community when I am in my favorite Irish Pub.....where I am a regular and always feel like I am a part of a big extended family when I am there.  I love Beauty and Artistic expression, and revel in the many ways that artists through the ages have told God's story in their own ways.  I spend way too much time isolated from a world I want to be a part of: because of the weakness of my body and the weakness of my mind.  So I probably spend more time online that in face to face community.  I love going to mass.  Don't ask me to explain it, or try to convince me that it's a waste of my precious time.....because my soul yearns for the Sacrament, for Jesus, for friendship with God, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I find a well brewed cider and good company equally as sacred.  My favorite part about Irish culture?  Their love of hospitality.  Even if I don't physically always go out into the world, my door is always open to a kind soul.  I have a distrust of authority, yet I crave approval.  I struggle.  I learn.  Even if I tend to ramble, I love to share.

I DO have passion and I DO have Love.

And THAT is why I blog.

No comments: