Thursday, September 30, 2010

I love it when I get books in the mail.  Of course, these are all books ordered not so much for pleasure as for class projects for Seminar and Gallery Management, not to mention the simple reality of building a personal academic art library.

The Reading I have Before Me:
Divine Representations: Postmodernism and Spirituality by Ann W. Astell
Culture Making: Recovering Our Creative Calling by Andy Crouch
 On the Strange Place of Religion in Contemporary Art by James Elkins
The Inward Eye: Transcendence in Contemporary Art edited by Lynn Herbert.
Thought Through My Eyes: Writing on Art, 1977 - 2005 by Klaus Ottmann
The Artist's Reality Philosophies of Art by Mark Rothko

Yup, looks like I have my work cut out for me.  Doesn't help that I'm only a month into the semester and that my Gallery Management binder already switched to a two incher for all the handouts. 

No comments: