Friday, September 10, 2010

September 11

In honor of tomorrow's Yellow Ribbon event with William's unit and in memory of September 11, I give you me and my handsome man in his uniform.  It's kind of funny.  When I stand next to him  donned in digital pattern and combat boots, I can't but be humbled for the extreme sacrifice he is making for us, for our nation, all so that I don't have to do the same, all so that I have the freedom to go to school and learn to be an art historian.  It's when I stand next to this man, that I am proud of my American Heritage, of the battle my forefathers fought, and most of all, pride for this loved one of mine and all of my loved ones who have, who are, and who will be serving for the United States military.  I am proud of my country, and no act of terrorism, foreign or domestic, will keep me from that pride.  In memory of all the lives lost, you did not lose them in vain.  We will always remember YOUR SACRIFICE. We will always remember this day when our world was forever changed.

No comments: